Forty years trying to capture the faces in his dreams.
- Thousands of paintings sold.
- Hundreds of world-class private collections.
- International corporate collections.
- Over 30 One Man Shows.
- Four stone lithograph limited editions.
- Four major works in bronze.
- A dozen posters by JCG Ltd. and others.
- Several features in national periodicals.
- Significant museum collections.
- New York City
- Washington, D.C.
- Santa Fe
- Las Vegas
- Boca Raton
Some people hate his work. Others don't want to live without it.
"I can create my own reality on canvas, and give form to the spirits who live within my waking dreams. They are my fathers and mothers, my brothers and sisters, and they are my children. They know me. They can see things that I can barely imagine. What are they thinking? What is the source of their power? What is the nature of the abyss into which they gaze? Are those eyes looking into mine or into infinity? They do not threaten, but watch over me. They are my protectors. They are archetypal connections to the magic and mystery that will always be part of my nature and the nature of all humanity. I am only a man: helpless in the dark. But I can feel them with me. And they seem to know the answers to the questions I do not even know how to ask.
So beware: my paintings are confrontational, not comfortable. Many people cannot handle the intensity of inner assessment they demand. They require viewer participation. Yours."
-- Lawrence W. Lee 2014
Lawrence Lee at the easel!
Images from my current exhibition opening night.
Lawrence W. Lee Preview Opening
At the Preview
The Preview Opening of the Lawrence W. Lee One Man Show at the Four Corners Gallery was a grand event. Collectors flew in from as far away as Chicago to join the party and meet Lawrence.
Lawrence with his granddaughter, Amanda.
- "They are the most beautiful 2 paintings ever. I am sure you know this already but I feel extremely blessed to have those paintings. They have gotten me through turmoil that one could never understand. Their strong presence in my home and the strength that they carry is unexplainable...that is why I am so very keen to have them with me always.” - G. Baker 03/23/14
- "The new work is powerful and dynamic. You will reap great success with this new start and you well deserve it." - W. Berlat 12/17/14
- "I adore your spirit and your sensitivity. You contribute so much beauty, thought and caring to our world." - E. Savage 12/17/14
- “Each day I pray for God and my guides to help. You paint some of those beings and you capture a whimsy I imagine. Thank you. Thank you.” - K. Kahn 01/12/15